Taking Up The Challenge - Wendy's 2008 List

  • Tuesday, May 6, 2008

For those of you who know me, you know I can't resist a challenge! I have a lot of Nobel Laureates sitting idly on my shelves, so this is one challenge I should be able to do. I'm going to list 5 books, but I reserve the right to change my list as the mood fits.

Here goes:

A Russian Journal, by John Steinbeck
A Bend in the River, by V.S. Naipaul
Beloved OR The Bluest Eye, by Toni Morrison
The Grass is Singing, by Doris Lessing
Independent People, by Halldor Laxness (Completed May 5, 2008; rated 4.5/5; read my review)

If I can squeeze it in, I also want to read:
One book from either The Cairo Trilogy OR Three Novels of Ancient Egypt, by Naguib Mahfouz

I also have books on my shelf written by:
Jose Saramago
Herman Hesse
William Faulkner

No comments




© Read the NobelsMaira Gall