Patrick Modiano: 2014 Nobel Prize for Literature

  • Thursday, October 9, 2014

French author Patrick Modiano is the 2014 Nobel Prize Laureate for Literature.

Here are a few quick links to articles:
Has anyone read his work? If you have, what would you recommend?

P.S. This blog is among the few surviving multi-authored literary blogs and want to thank everyone for their contributions! I hope you continue to find this blog useful in your own literary explorations.

I've revamped the blog to be cleaner and easier to read. If you have any suggestions or comments for improvement, you can send an email or sound off in the comments. [Aloi at Guiltless Reading]

3 comments

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love a lot Rue des boutiques obscures. In English it's Missing Person, but I don't know how good the English translation is. Great author, so glad he won!

Marianne said...

Thank you for all these links. I must admit, I had never heard of this author before he received the Prize but will definitely read at least one of his works.

I have not been posting for a while, my father died and lots of sickness in the family but I will definitely stay with the blog. I love reading the different posts by my fellow bloggers and also post some of my own. I find the new setup a little different, having to get used to it but I'm sure I will.

Thank you for this site.

Marianne from Let's Read

Anonymous said...

I read L'herbe des nuits by Patrick Modiano in French. It was a wonderful book. My review (in English) is on my blog if you are interested.
I just started reading the Nobels as a challenge. I am looking forward to reading your 'Nobel' posts!




© Read the NobelsMaira Gall